Why choose Roisin Golding at Acupuncture Works?
I have been in acupuncture practice for 27 years. That’s a long time in addition to my 4 year degree level training. In that time I have continued to devote myself to understanding health and illness. I have done this by further study of both Western and Chinese approaches to health. I have attended observation clinics in Western hospitals and numerous lectures at the Royal Society of Medicine. I have studied acupuncture here and in China, doing numerous courses on such things as neurology, fertility, gynaecology, as well as improving my skills by further training in needle technique and pulse diagnosis. I have poured over texts, studying the Masters of the past.
What does a wealth of experience bring to my practice?
- All of this learning, training and experience mean that my treatments have become more focused over the years to bring ever better results.
- It means fewer needles – generally 2-6 individual points instead of 2- 3 dozen points that are typical of some other practitioners.
- It means gentle needling – no poking around trying to get stronger sensations – because I believe, based on experience, that the almost immediate feeling of deep relaxation that comes with needling means that the treatment has been gratefully accepted by the body and it has no need to fight against it or be forced into submission.
- It means that I probably have come across your condition before, yet am not shy of saying when I haven’t. I have the confidence to be completely honest with you about all aspects of treatment and whether or not we are on track.
- It means that I know my limits and know when you need to be referred to someone else.
- And most of all, it means that I get what it is you are going through – both from a professional and from my personal experience.
- Did I mention that I spend 90 minutes in the first consultation so that I can get the details of your case completely? And I also spend 45 minutes per follow-up treatment to continue a focused monitoring of your condition.
You are always free to call or contact me by email if you have any further questions.